I believe that God is raising up people in His Body that are going to KNOW what to do during these last of the last days. It appears that a great shaking is coming to America!September 13, 2015 was the end of the Shmita year. The Hebrew word, “Shmita” literally means, “Release”. It is the Sabbatical or the 7th year of the 7-year agricultural cycle mandated by the Torah for the land of Israel and is still observed today. During the last 2 Shemitah’s, or 7-year cycles, we witnessed 9/11 on 9/11/2001 and an historic stock market crash on 9/29/2008.
September 25, 2022 is Rosh Hashanah. It signifies the Jewish New Year Festival. It is a time for people to think about their priorities in life and a time of asking for forgiveness.
One of the synogogue rituals for Rosh Hashanah is the blowing of the shofar (a ram’s horn trumpet used by ancient Jews in religious ceremonies and as a battle signal, now sounded at Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur). This starts a 10-day period known as the ‘Days of Awe’ which ends with the solemn festival of Yom Kippur. Yom Kippur is also known as ‘The Day of Atonement’. Leviticus 16:30 says,
• For on that day the priest shall make atonement for you, to cleanse you, that you may be clean from all your sins before the Lord.
Guess what? Yom Kippur starts ‘The Year of Jubilee’, which begins at sundown on October 4th into October 5, 2022.
Jubilee is a proclamation of liberty. It ties directly back to Isaiah 61:1 where Jesus proclaimed liberty for the captives,
• …To proclaim liberty to the captives…
A Jubliee Year is a blessing to those who are humble, repentant and seeking to hear and obey the Holy Spirit. It is the year of RELEASE of the captives, cancelling of debts, freedom for the slaves, etc. But for those who are unrepentant of sin, the Jubilee Year is a JUDGMENT. We can see this in Leviticus 16:14-17.
So, to recap, Jubilee is about PROCLAMATION: Proclaiming blessing, outpouring, restoration, cancelling of debts, BLESSING, BLESSING, BLESSING. We can see this in Isaiah 61:1-3
• “The Spirit of the Lord God is upon Me, because the Lord has anointed Me to:
• Preach good tidings to the poor;
• He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,
• To proclaim liberty to the captives,
• And the opening of the prison to those who are bound;
• To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord…
• To comfort all who mourn,
• To console those who mourn in Zion,
• To give them beauty for ashes,
• The oil of joy for mourning,
• The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
• That they may be called trees of righteousness,
• The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
But it is also a PROCLAMATION of JUDGMENT. Isaiah 61:2 says,
• …And the day of vengeance of our God…
So, I exhort you to pursue a repentant lifestyle – be humble and quick to repent. Then you will come under God’s grace, mercy, blessing and outpouring when the Jubilee Year begins.
Also, inquire of the Lord what He has for you? What is your specific purpose? Where does the Father want you to be? What does He want you to be doing?
Understanding your role during these days is what we must seek and inquire of the Lord.
The grace of the Lord be with you all,
Gordon Ministries 📖and Jesus City Church ⛪️