Hello protected ones!
With all the bad news that is going on in the world today, it can be intimidating at best, and completely terrifying at worst if we do not know about GOD’S PROMISE OF PROTECTION! We have no reason to fear!
Violence is nothing new – it has actually been around since the beginning of time. If it seems like it is intensifying, it is not just your imagination. Jesus Himself predicted worldwide troubles two thousand years ago, but He gave us the reassurance of HIS PROTECTION with that warning. He said in Matthew 24:6-7 (MSG),
• When reports come in of wars and rumored wars, keep your head and don’t panic. This is routine history; this is no sign of the end. Nation will fight nation and ruler fight ruler, over and over. Famines and earthquakes will occur in various places.
News reports confirm this every day!
Now for the good news: By studying the Word of God, we read in multiple places that God will keep those who trust in Him safe from harm. Psalm 23:4 (KJV) says,
• Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for Thou art with me; Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort me.
Then again from Psalm 91:5-7, 10 (KJV), we are encouraged with these words about GOD’S PROMISE OF PROTECTION:
• Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day; nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee…There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
David wrote these and many other Psalms because of his great trust in God to keep him safe, despite repeated attempts by jealous King Saul to kill him.
When we believe what is written in the Bible instead of what we see and hear, we begin to feel a great peace settling around us. God’s Word is the wisdom and ultimate truth that does not change, and listening to these words brings stability and calm. Proverbs 1:33 (NKJV) declares,
• But whoever listens to Me will dwell safely, and will be secure, without fear of evil.
So, taking GOD’S PROMISES OF PROTECTION to heart will eventually have outward manifestations. Other people will look at us and wonder how we can remain so steady in the midst of turmoil. Accepting this by faith activates a supernatural level of PROTECTION for us, our families, and our loved ones as well. I love what Isaish 54:17 (NIV) says,
• No weapon formed against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from Me, declares the Lord.
So, whether the evil we see is halfway across the world, in our neighborhoods, or outside our front door, we can be assured that God is bigger, stronger, and more powerful. Our faith in GOD’S PROMISES OF PROTECTION will always bring us victory over every form of evil. Hallelujah!
Walking in GOD’S PROMISES OF PROTECTION,
Gordon Ministries 📖and Jesus City Church ⛪️