Whether people choose to believe it or not, OUR WORDS HAVE POWER!
Throughout the book of Genesis, we can see a central and constant theme: God spoke and a corresponding action or manifestation occurred. For example, in Genesis 1:3, it says,
- GOD SAID, Let there by light; and there was light.
Everything we can see and also the things we cannot see, like oxygen and electricity, originate from the voice of God ~ even you and I!
We were all made in God’s image and in the image of the Word of God, Who was present with God when creation occurred. Genesis 1:26 (MSG) says,
- Let us make human beings in Our image; make them reflecting our nature.
More importantly, we do not just look like God, we are like God! Jesus said in John 10:34 (MSG),
- I’m only quoting your inspired Scriptures, where God said, “I tell you – you are gods.”
That means we possess within us God-like qualities, such as the ability to love and even the ability to create through the power of speech. Here are a few examples of these life-changing occurrences in the Bible:
- Proverbs 18:21 (MSG) says, “Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit – you choose.”
- Mark 11:23 says, “For verily I say unto you, that whosoever shall say unto this mountain, ‘Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.'”
- Mark 5:41,42 says, “Little girl, I say unto thee, arise. And immediately the little girl arose and walked.”
- Isaiah 55:11 (MSG) says, “So will the words that come out of My mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do; they’ll complete the assignment I gave them.”
Any one of these Scriptures are powerful enough to change your circumstances and your life! The Bible contains so many instances showing how powerful the Word of God is coming out of the mouth of a believer. It is like a book of seeds ~ Plant them in the good soil of your heart and you will grow up into a tree of righteousness.
As a Christian, there is authority available to you through the words you speak in the Name of Jesus. We call forth His Name when we pray, and He backs what we say, when it agrees with what God has said.
Remember that Hebrews 4:12 says,
- God’s Word is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing and effective].
I encourage you to speak the Word of God over your families, your finances, and your ministries. Declare the Word of God over your body if you are in need of healing.
With the Word of God consistently on your tongue and in your heart, along with the power of the Name of Jesus, your life will never be the same.
Watching over my words,
Gordon Ministries and Jesus City Church 🕊️