Did you know that YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN? 1 Corinthians 6:19-20says,
- YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN, for you were bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
Every human being needs to know that he or she has been bought with a price to be God’s very own. YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN for the simple reason that 1 Corinthians 3:9 says,
- You are God’s field; you are God’s garden.
A field belongs to its owner ~ it does not belong to itself. You do not hold the title deed to your life ~ God does. Doesn’t that just take the pressure off of you? It does me.
When we were born again, we became a part of God’s field in which His imperishable seed, which is the Word of God, was to grow.
That is why Jesus tells us in John 15:1-2 (GNT),
- I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener. He breaks off every branch in me that does not bear fruit, and he prunes every branch that does bear fruit, so that it will be clean and bear more fruit.
God created us to bear fruit ~ abundant results in our lives ~ a supernatural harvest, but in order for us to bear fruit, like a garden, we must be planted, looked after, and harvested.
In our covenant with God, He has His part and we have ours. The Scripture says in the beginning part of 1 Corinthians 3:9 that we are laborers together with God. We work in cooperation with the Lord to plant the seed of the Word of God in our hearts.
Jesus said in Mark 16:20,
- And they went out and preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the Word through the accompanying signs.
See, you have been born again, not from a seed that can be destroyed, but through God’s everlasting Word that cannot be destroyed (1 Peter 1:23). Because God’s Word is eternal, imperishable, incorruptible, and unfading, I exhort you to highly esteem God’s Word in your heart. If you take the time to plant this imperishable seed in the good soil of your heart, giving it first place in your life, you will produce a great harvest for the Lord.
I encourage you today to ask yourself what value the Word of God has in your life? 5%, 25%, 75% or 100%? Take the time to tend to the Word of God, and water it by praying, meditating and speaking the Word of God over your life and the lives of those around you.
The Word tells us in 1 Samuel 2:30,
- Those who honor me, I will honor.
I want to be honored by the Lord, don’t you? Let us decide to do what Proverbs 4:20-23 says,
- My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
Remember, YOU BELONG TO GOD AND YOU ARE NOT YOUR OWN!
Blessed to be His daughter,
Gordon Ministries and Jesus City Church✨
PS If you were encouraged today and would like to donate to our ministry, simply go onto GordonMinistries.org and click donate! Thank you!