Good morning dearly beloved!
Kindly take a look with me at Isaiah 11:2,
• THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD shall rest upon Him,
• The Spirit of wisdom and understanding
• The Spirit of counsel and might
• The Spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD…
If we turn to Isaiah 61:1-3, we can see the reason why THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD was upon Jesus. It says,
• THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD IS UPON ME (JESUS) because the LORD has anointed Me to:
1. Preach good tidings to the poor
2. He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted
3. To proclaim liberty to the captives and the opening of the prison to those who are bound
4. To proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God (to destroy satan’s kingdom).
5. To comfort all who mourn (grief, depression)
6. To console those who mourn in Zion (us)
7. To give them beauty for ashes
8. The oil of joy for mourning
9. The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness
10. That we may be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD to be glorified (original Hebrew).
This is the reason Jesus was anointed with THE SPIRIT OF THE LORD.
Do you fall into any of these categories? – Poor, brokenhearted, captive in any way, bound, needing comfort, mourning, destruction, heaviness?
If so, have I got some GOOD NEWS for you! Jesus was anointed to take away these things and to give you good news, healing, liberty, comfort, consolation, beauty, joy, praise and righteousness.
According to Galatians 3:13, Jesus Christ has redeemed us (bought us out) from the curse of the law. “What’s that?”, you might ask.
Well, in Deuteronomy 28:15-68, we can find an even more extensive list of what Jesus came to redeem us from. A few of these are: Confusion, plagues’s (incurable sickness and disease), fever, inflammation, defeat, trouble, tumors, madness, blindness, oppression, lack of prosperity, etc.
If you or anyone you know is suffering from any of these things, THEY DON’T HAVE TO!
Satan is a liar. John 8:44 calls him, “The father of lies.” He is a murderer. John 10:10 tells us the enemy only has 3 purposes:
1. To steal
2. To kill
3. To destroy
Look at 1 John 3:8 with me,
• “The devil has sinned from the beginning. FOR THIS PURPOSE, the Son of God was manifested, that HE MIGHT DESTROY THE WORKS OF THE DEVIL.
John 10:10 goes on to say that Jesus came that we might have life and that we might have it more abundantly – that we would be possessed with vitality, absolute fullness of life, real life, a life active and vigorous, devoted to God and blessed.
“Father, I pray for my readers, that You would grant them, according to the riches of Your glory, to be strengthened with might through Your Spirit in their inner man, so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith; that they being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height – to know the love of Christ, which passes knowledge; that they may be filled with all the fullness of God.”
I love you, 💕
Gordon Ministries📖 and Jesus City Church ⛪️