Hello blessed of God!
I love 1 John 10:10 from the Amplified Classic Version. It says,
- The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy LIFE, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).
The key to seeing good days is to keep your lips from speaking evil. In 1 Peter 3:10-12, Peter is quoting the Psalms saying,
- He who would love LIFE and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the LORD are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the LORD is against those who do evil.
If you heed the above instructions from first Peter, God will take your worst days and turn them into your best days.
God needs the consent of His covenant people to get things done on the earth. That is why He says in 2 Chronicles 7:14,
- If My people who are called by My Name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
There is so much power in our words. It is really important that we put a guard over our mouths and keep watch at the door of our lips. Every morning, I pray to the Father in the Name of Jesus and ask that by the power of the Holy Spirit, I would not let any unwholesome words ever proceed out of my mouth, but only such words that are beneficial and would minister grace to the hearers. It takes discipline, but we can do all things through Christ Who strengthens us.
When we meditate on God’s Word day and night, like we are exhorted to do in Joshua 1:8, we will be transformed into God’s image and likeness and we will not be conformed to the world. 1 John 2:15-17 says,
- Do not love this world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world – the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life – is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world is passing away and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever.
Scriptural meditation means to mutter and to roll something over and over in your mind. This means we take a piece of Scripture and chew on it until it becomes a part of who we are. This is when we will get the most out of the Word of God and live THE HIGH LIFE IN GOD.
We are told in Jeremiah 17:5-6 that,
- Cursed is the man who trusts in man and makes flesh his strength, whose heart departs from the Lord. For he shall be like a shrub in the desert, and shall not see when good comes, but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land which is not inhabited.
We DO NOT want to do this! If we will read on in verses 7-8, we can read about the man who trusts in the Lord. It says,
- Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, and whose hope is the Lord. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters which spreads out its roots by the river. And will not fear when heat comes; but its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will cease from yielding fruit.
When you meditate on God’s Word, you will be like a tree planted by the rivers of water and you will not see drought in your life or cease from yielding fruit (Psalm 1:1-3).
When you meditate on God’s Word, God will give you creative ideas and precise words to speak. He will show you how to deal wisely in all the affairs of your life.
In 1 Timothy 4:1-9, we are encouraged that exercising ourselves unto godliness will profit us in all things in this life and the life to come. So, how do we practically exercise godliness? By meditating on God’s Word.
In Psalm 92:12-14 it says,
- The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree. He shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing, to declare that the Lord is upright; He is my rock, and there is no unrighteousness in Him.
Living the high life in Christ Jesus,
Gordon Ministries and Jesus City Church ⛪️